Monday, December 13, 2010

The Holidays Are Soon Upon Us

I am in the process of organizing some last-minute things. On the list is making some edible gifts for friends and family - with corresponding photographic documentation, of course; making my home ship-shape to have a small gathering; packing & shipping the last 60 gift boxes off (more on that later); arranging meetings to share new work before vacations into the New Year.... all to happen this week?? Um, yeah, if possible.

And yet at this moment I find myself searching fun and interesting things online, circumferentially involved in "getting things done". (the hubby can appreciate this :) I found some diaphanous table ideas for the holidays - thank you, Martha Stewart - here, and a sensuous, delicious gift idea from the west coast, here.

Keep posted in the coming days, there is going to be an amazing blog story from my friend, Katie, on all things wondrous and Christmas. She's doing a magazine-style mega post, and it will include holiday-themed photo stories from contributors around the world. J. and I are in it, and it's sure to be hands-down terrific.
Here's a sneak peek....







Look for the whole story soon, and wish me luck on my laundry list in the meantime. :)

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't mind to hear and see some new ideas. (Not that I don't have enough or even too much to have it done until Xmas) but I'd love to hear different thoughts from other cultures. It is fascinating how differently do people celebrate and what they give as present. So I'm all ears!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! I always think if I come across something cool or gorgeous, I could fit in in my schedule, too...

    There is a mustard recipe I'm experimenting with, and some incredible (I hope) chewy chocolate cookies that I've wanted to make for a while. Also, there are some holiday steadies, like my raspberry diamonds, that people should just have. If I can manage.....

    Aside from food, there are some other tricks up my sleeve, but I recall a family member or two reading my posts - which is fantastic - so I don't want to spill the beans and reveal the surprise. Let's just say there will be more to come :)

    What are you planning on giving/making?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear what you figured out, will be back to check it out!

    Thanks for asking: As foody gifts and treats, I make home made liquors, experimenting with cream caramel truffels,orange plus home made marzipan pralines, bitter orange and home made cinnamon marzipan cookies... This is just for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an impressive list! just this week?? I only wish I lived closer so I could help you test that tasty liquor, pralines, and truffles :)

    ReplyDelete